Thursday, August 27, 2009

First Day of School

So our school here starts WAY too early if you ask me. Aug. 12th! Really, I know that during the summer I long for this day but when it gets here It makes me sad. I'm not sad for very long as I realize that my house will actually stay clean for more than an hour and that I can get some things done that I otherwise can't with 5 boys + a bazillion neighbor kids running around. What makes me sad is the fact that with each school year I am one year closer to having my boys leave, they grow up so fast, oh and no more sleeping in!





Preston on his first day of 7th grade!!! Seriously am I old enough to have a seventh grader! I don't think so! But what a heart breaker! Love this kid!

Speaking of heart breakers, this little boy is my little buddy! I am addicted to him, I just can't get enough. He is a great shopper and loves to hang out with me. People always ask me if he misses his brothers. Ummm NO! Now he has mom all to himself! Really who cares about brothers when you have mom all day!


Parker going into 5th grade! This is the big one for elementary here! The rulers of the school, kings of the classroom, head honchos! He is so excited for 5th grade! What a great, sweet kid. He has taken seriously his role as protector of the little brothers while at school. Thank goodness!


Ian on the first day of kindergarten. Oh Ian, how you stress me out! He has already these first few weeks of school wandered off after school from the group and took a little walk down the busy street in front of the school. When asked why he didn't stay with his brothers he said "My brothers are stupid! I do it myself!" Needless to say I have already talked to the principal, asst. principal and teacher multiple times since school started. He is really our angel boy and is doing better than I thought he would but the long days have taken a toll on this once easy going little boy.


Landon on the first day of second grade! He couldn't wait to get back to all his friends and to be able to find out what ever one did during the summer. He is our little social butterfly. He is doing great and feels so much older now that there is a younger McInelly at the school.





3 comments:

Emily said...

I love how you have them hold up their finger for which grade they're going into - I'm so going to do that

Julie said...

Your boys are so dang cute! NO you are NOT old enough to have a 7th grader! And I am not old enough to have married daughters!!! Jenni was just a toddler when I was your Laurel advisor! I am Laurel Advisor again and LOVE it!

Kristen said...

You've got such good-looking boys!