So I have had a new obsession! It is getting my food storage together and learning how to use it. Today I went to my moms house and for the first time we ground wheat. Then we actually used the wheat flour to make bread!!!! We used an awesome
recipe that didn't take too long to do. They aren't the prettiest to look at but they taste oh so good!

Here is my mom with the finished loaves!

Here I am with Carter, he was our "helper", actually he did really good waiting for us to figure it all out.

Look how pretty the inside is!
6 comments:
Ohhh YUM! I see lots of bread in my Bagel Bin run-through but NONE lookas good as those!
K post the recip. You have inspired me...can I come to your moms too??
That bread looks SO good! I miss you tons! When are you coming to visit?
You go, Betty Crocker! I'm sooo impressed. You'll have to share the recipe!
they look great! :) i bet the kitchen smells yummy too! :)
did you "mold" the dough into what you think a loaf should look like before putting it in ther pan? i think it helps with shape uniformity :) (i fold side in first, then roll bottom top 1 inch from top tuck under (dont press down, this will allow air to escape) flip over, round edges gently... :) the air pocket int he middle allows for the shape ;)
Wow! I am impressed. I have been storing wheat for 23 years now and have no idea what to do with it!
Looks like a good recipe. I like how the inside looks. Care to share to recipe?
Post a Comment