"Boys will be boys. And even that wouldn't matter if only we could prevent girls from being girls." -Anne Frank
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Read at your own risk!! Not for those with weak stomachs
Have you ever had "one of those days" ? Today was "one of those days" days for me. It started off good, I went to the new Half price book store with my good friend Cyndie. Poor Cyndie, I drag her all over the place. Carter was Awesome, sitting in his stroller so good. I made 8 dollars by selling them some old books and left with a Jodi Picult book I haven't read. We drove through Arby's, I was happy. I was also totally unaware of what was waiting for me in the hours to come. First, when I got Carter out of the car seat I noticed the smell, then the wetness. He had diareah and of course it soaked through his clothes. I changed him and Cyndie and I proceeded to enjoy our lunch. I put both Ian and Carter down for their naps. My brother and sister in law came over and I had a very yummy piece of cake that my sis in law made. She is a whiz with cake mixes and jello!!! After they left the boys awoke. As I climbed the stairs it hit me. The most awful smell. I entered Carters room and he had pooped UP TO HIS ARMPITS!! No joke!! All the way up to the pit of his arms. I cleaned him up, bathed him, Lysol and bleached the room down, and washed his sheets and blankets. Ian got up and went down stairs to go to the bathroom. I didn't think much of it until I came down the stairs holding my CLEAN baby and once again was hit with the nasty smell of the bathroom. Ian had pooped in his pull up and decided to take it off and get on the toilet. Any other time I would of been happy that he took the initiative to get on the potty himself but he had slid his poopy bum on the toilet and their was pooh everywhere!!!! ARGHHHHH!!! I wanted to cry. I had to clean him up bleach all the toilets and the tub. So the rest of the night went pretty much clean up carter, change Carters clothes, diaper change, diaper change, diaper change, oh and then to end the night PUKE!!! To top it off, Rick is out of town for the night and I was supposed to go to my Cub committee meeting. Needless to say, I will once again spend the next day inside. Last week Carter had influenza A and I spent the whole week inside, hopefully this is a 24 hour bug and I will be able to enjoy the nice weather we are supposed to have on Saturday. I know those of you reading this that have kids can sympathize with me. I know the feelings, sympathy, pity and gratitude that it isn't happening to you. Yes but wait, eventually you too might have a house that smells like a bum and a shirt that smells like puke. But until then, enjoy your clean smelling house and kids!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Maybe you should change the other caption to My lil Puker or My lil pooper! :) Couldn't resist! Just think some day you will look back and think that you actually miss having to clean up after the children when you realize how quite the house is and how much you miss their little messes and their smiles.
I'm so sorry about your day...hope things start to clear up tomorrow...good luck!
Yep, had the same thing happened at my house on Tuesday - I still haven't recovered - Isn't it amazing how with Motherhood you just become strong to deal with those nasty's?
Oh man! That is so nasty. I can't help but be a little glad for you that he didn't have diarrhea in the tub when you bathed him to get him clean FROM the diarrhea. But it was bad enough as it was. Sorry!
Diana!!! I am so glad you left me a message! It is so fun to see your cute family! I swear you are still 17!! Now I feel really old. Although I think I was only like 22 when you were in my Laural class! I have to laugh as I read about you going through the poop stages! Oh how I remember those days! Mine are all pretty big now. Jenn loves BYUI and Ali is headed to Provo in the Fall! Keep in touch! So good to hear from you!
Post a Comment