Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Happy Anniversary To Us!

Today is our 13th Wedding anniversary. I can't believe its been 13 years, of course some times it feels like 23 years but hey who's counting right? I just have to take a minute to tell my husband how grateful I am for him and all he does. Here are some things that are great about him.

-He is ALWAYS willing to help ANYONE who needs it, weather it be moving someone, helping someone with home repair projects or even helping certain people when their dogs get stuck under their house at 10:30 at night. I know I can pretty much volunteer him for anything and he will be willing to help. Another example is last Saturday after that nasty storm that ran through Omaha, our friends didn't have power so Rick said "Get all the kids in the car and let's run down to their house and make sure they are okay." So all 7 of us went and helped them clear downed tree branches, even Ian helped. He is a great example of service to our boys.


-He loves spending time with our boys. Camping, Scouting, Playing video games, Hitting the baseball out side and just hanging out and talking to them.


-He has an AMAZING ability to fix things. Here is a list of things he has repaired or fixed.


He installed our wood floors, framed, drywalled and did the electricity in our basement. He has replaced numerous amounts of brakes for our cars. He once disassembled and assembled our cars engine and it still ran. And don't even get me started on how awesome he is at fixing our computer. He has fixed plumbing, toys, sinks, and I believe he can fix just about anything.

-He is a great Dad, brother, son, and husband!

-I also have to thank him for working so hard at a job that he isn't always so crazy about but does well so I can stay home with the boys and we can enjoy a great life.
Love you Honey!

Kind of an older picture.
Rick and all the boys.
Rick taking care of Ian when he was in the I.C.U.

Yellowstone with the boys.
Easter when Preston and Parker were little
Galveston this past April.



4 comments:

Jennifer B. Slack said...

Diana,
I love reading your blogg. This was very touching to me. I loved what you had to say about Rick. Thank you for sharing your private and personal feelings for him. It makes me want to keep working and making my marriage better. You are AWESOME!
Hugs! Jennifer

Unknown said...

Diana: You are so blessed. I loved the post about Rick! You two make an awesome couple. Best Wishes, Megan

The Hardy's said...

Wow! Has it really been that long? It seems like yesterday we were breaking into your hotel room :). Here's many more (an eternity), of happy years together.

Julie said...

Diana, We have been married 9 1/2 years longer, but I am pretty sure that when I was your laural advisor I was only 5 year older! I was all of like 23--maybe! know, I seemed old, but wasn't Jenni just a baby? Where did all the time go? Congrats on the anniversary. Lucky 13!