Tuesday, September 2, 2008

We Love Date Night...

So our family belongs to a date night group. Almost every Saturday from 4:30-8:30pm we get to go out while our kids get to play at one of the other 3 families we do date night with. There are 14 kids all together between the four families. "Are we crazy?" you ask, "no" I assure you we are not. These are some of the best kids. Their really isn't ever any fighting and they play so great together. These are some pictures of the last time it was at our house. We also have to feed them all dinner, and McInelly night is hot dog night. I love these kids.
Here is Rick, Parker, Preston and Meg playing cards.
Sweet Meg playing the piano.
Everyone outside playing.
The two youngest Carter and Hyrum. They are 2 months apart.
Ted always the creative one.
Little Czar and Demi with Rick.
So Preston is the oldest by 2 years and really thinks he is much to old to do date night but even though he pouts about going he ALWAYS has fun.
Lauren, Kyle, Carter and Hyrum.
Lauren is the little mom always helping with the littler kids. Here she is with Jarom.
I'm not too sure how much longer we will do this because Preston is getting old enough to watch our kids but I will be super sad when were done. I have really grown to love those crazy nights.



7 comments:

Jen Giorgis said...

Oh, yes you are a brave woman. One of the best things to me about date night is that someone else has to put mine to bed and I get to come home to a quite house! Although, Kimball would love playing with all the kids.

Rick & Diana said...

Remember jen that I would have to pay a sitter for 5 kids!1 We could hardly afford to go out!:) Soon though Preston will be able to watch them and It will be free labor.

The Howard Bolton Family said...

What a wonderful group! I wish that we would have had something like that when my children were younger. When we lived in Missouri, we would hire youth from our ward, it didn't always work out to our benefit. One time, Ben got lost, another, we came home to a house full of smoke--the children had convinced the babysitter that they knew how to make cookies and they caught the batter on fire in the oven! Adults know that 8, 3 and 1 year olds DON'T know how to bake cookies.

Garrison Propaganda said...

holy cow--fourteen kids--you may be crazy! well, id say not since youre getting to get out babysitter fee free a few times yourself. ive been trying to do something similar, but every weekend something comes up! way to keep that bunch busy!

Anderson said...

Hey! We need to start something like that around here! What fun for you guys and of course for all the kids!

Hilary said...

that is awesome! I've always wanted to be part of one of those kind of co-ops!

Mark and Jana said...

I'm sooooo thankful Kesa is old enough to watch our children. I don't want to have to watch other children just so I can go out with my hubby. There was once a time I would have done that, but not now. :)