Wednesday, April 2, 2008

62 Things about me...

I was challenged to come up with 100 things about myself. I only had time for 62 and that was a stretch.
1. I have 5 boys
2. I love living in Omaha
3. I love Scouts!! (as I should since I will be in it for the next 100 years)
4. I would love more kids (but they would have to be handed to me and not birthed by me)
5. We seriously discuss adopting a little girl
6. My only daughter died after 2 hours without any medical reasons they could find.
7. I love eating cold green beans out of the can
8. I have 3 friends that I have known for 28 years
9. I keep in touch with friends from all times in my life from elementary, middle, high school, and college
10. I was an art major for 3 semesters at Ricks College but changed to General Ed. so I could graduate in 4 semesters with my associates degree
11. I paint murals on walls, usually on kids walls like batman and superman on my boys' wall and bunnies on the babies room wall. I did do palm trees in my sis-in-laws bathroom though.
12. I LOVE hanging out with my siblings and their spouses.
13. my favorite thing is reconnecting with someone I haven't seen in a while
14. I sold Usborne books as a direct sales person for 2 years
15. I love my book club and because of it I have read more in the last 2 years than the 10 years previous
16. I hate laundry but have to do at least 2 loads a day to keep up
17. I am addicted to house hunting, I am always on the Internet looking at houses for sale for myself of anyone else. If you want a new house I would love to look for some for you!
18. I love shopping especially late at night thanks to kohls and walmart
19. I live for the Day after Thanksgiving sales.
20. I used to work for M.U.D. repairing gas meters for a summer job
21. I would rather vacation in Europe visiting museums than to anywhere where I have to lay around in a bathing suit
22. I love watching home repair shows, Rick hates it because it just gives me ideas for him to do to our house
23. We are HUGE movie watchers I am very easily amused by movies. They don't even have to be that good. We rented so many movies at Hollywood Video that the guy working there knew my phone number by heart. Sad but true.
24. My favorite show ever is That 70's Show, Anything that makes me laugh out loud is gotta be good.
25. I like reading teen books better than any Jane Austen
26. I am a pile creator, keeper and re-sorter. I am not great about getting rid of paper, I just usually make a pile and when it gets to big I finally resort it.
27. I love having home shows because if forces me to clean my house
28. I love taking pictures of my kids
29. I am sad that my in laws all moved away from Omaha to other places.
30. I love going to Island Park with my family
31. I am a soccer mom and I didn't think I would be. Sitting there watching Preston play brings out the yeller in me. There's nothing like getting looks from your son when your yelling his name out to kick the ball harder!
32. I played piano for 5 years but can only play the right hand now. I was never good at it.
33. I can be bossy, I know that may come to surprise some of you but just ask my sister or mom
34. I love my husband with all my heart and am so glad he is mine
35. I have been with 3 people that I love dearly as they passed away, my daughter, my father, and my grandma. It isn't morbid but the most spiritual thing I have experienced.
36. I adore the newborn stage.
37. I love the way they stick out their bums when you pick them up
38. I love onsies
39. I wish I could take an art class and paint like I used to, I miss that.
40. I love visiting my sister in law in Utah because she is such a great example to me that I always come home from their house wanting to be better.
41. I really don't like mothers day at all!!
42. I like camping but we don't do it often
43. My favorite movie is Tristan and Isolde
44. I could watch Law and Order every night
45. I am horrible at puzzles of all kind, Sudoku, crosswords, table puzzles.
46. I am also a horrible speller and in 5 grade I was told I had a slight form of dyslexia and would have to carry a dictionary around my whole life.
47. I have inherited every bad gene from my parents when it comes to health stuff except for the asthma.
48. I have an awful case of smell association, I can smell something that will make me remember being sick and pregnant and get sick all over again.
49. I love seeing my children practice their faith and sometimes wish I could be as strong as they are
50. I love my friends, I have the best ones ever. They truly bless my life.
51. I hate roller coasters
52. I'm not a huge game person, but I will play
53. I am not a competitive person at all
54. I love the color and pink and anything girly, which is why I need a girl to share that girly stuff with
55. Garage sales make me happy, I get a huge rush when I see a garage sale sign along the side of the road.
56. I love going to the bookstore and I love children's books
57. I prefer Country music
58. I physically and mentally can NOT diet AND exercise at the SAME time. Either I diet or exercise but its pretty much impossible for me to do both
59. I think my husband is amazing because he can fix ANYTHING!
60. I miss my dad a ton, I wish my kids could remember him
61. I love tiny boxes, I used to keep every small box I received
62. I also love stuffed animals


Okay I could only do 62..Oh well I hope you learned something about me you didn't already know.

6 comments:

Barbies Blog said...

That was a great list! Not liking Jane Austin though.... :)

emily salway said...

Diana!! I loved reading this and learning more about you! You have such a cute family! I love these blogs!!

Jen Giorgis said...

That was so fun!!! I loved it. Thanks so much for sharing. I might have to do that as well. I wonder how many I could come up with???

Jen Giorgis said...

You look great by the way!;)

Britt said...

I agree with Jen. Umm...I'm just laughing about finding so many things I have in common with you after reading this post. Do you want to house hunt for us? JK We're having trouble doing much online because we're going to such a small town.

Jen Giorgis said...

Oh, one more thing... I added you to my blog, I hope that is okay?! ;)